Dr. Yogesh Mittal
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Yogesh Mittal, MD
Dr. Mittal is Fellowship Trained in Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction, and Orthopaedic Surgery. He also specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Diseases of Hip and Knee
- Partial and Total Knee Resurfacing
- Total Hip Resurfacing
- Total Joint Replacement
- Revision Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
Dr. Mittal performs surgery at the Center for Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Excellence
About Dr. Mittal
Dr. Mittal is a native Texan who grew up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. After attending Baylor University on a full academic scholarship, he attended one of the best medical schools in the United States, University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. In medical school he cultivated his growing interest in Orthopaedic surgery, and subsequently accepted a much sought after Orthopaedic residency position at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. His desire to perform total joint replacement surgery led him to the highly acclaimed fellowship program at Charlotte Orthopaedic Specialists (now OrthoCarolina) in Charlotte, North Carolina where thousands of joint replacements are performed each year.
Dr. Mittal returned to the South to practice at The Orthopaedic Center. The Orthopaedic Center provides a full array of Orthopaedic care to people with a broad variety of Orthopaedic problems. Dr. Mittal was instrumental in the adoption of computer navigation and the MAKOplasty® RIO® Robotic Arm with Hillcrest Hospital where he performs most surgeries. He has quickly established himself as an innovator and advocate of advanced orthopaedic care with skills in computer navigation, MAKOplasty®, mobile-bearing knee replacements and alternate bearing hip replacements. Dr. Mittal is different from other CAS & MAKOplasty® users in his ability to use the navigation software and RIO® robotic arm to truly customize the hip or knee prosthesis to fit the patient, in terms of sizing, alignment and ligament balancing.
Dr. Mittal has an avid interest in fitness training and sports. In his free time, he enjoys traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
- Undergraduate: Baylor University, 1994
- Medical: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, 1998
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: John Peter Smith Hospital, Chief Resident, 2003
- Fellowship: Charlotte Orthopedic Specialists, 2004
Dr. Mittal has been instrumental in the continued development of computer assisted surgery (CAS) in joint replacement. He trains surgeons around the country on CAS & MAKOplasty® techniques. He routinely lectures on a national and international level on all aspects of joint replacement. Dr. Mittal is currently working to design new instruments and implants.
- Two-Stage Reimplantation in Periprosthetic Knee Infections with Resistant Organisms Charlotte Orthopedic Specialists, Charlotte, North Carolina (Published in Journal of Bone/Joint Surgery 2007, Presented 2004 – American Association of the Hip & Knee Society)
- Infection Rates in Revision Knee Arthroplasty with Metal-Metal Wear, Texas Hip and Knee Center, Fort Worth, Texas (Presented 2003 – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2002 – Texas Orthopaedic Association)
- Periprosthetic Acetabular Fractures. Charlotte Orthopedic Specialists, Charlotte, North Carolina
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association